Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for class?
To register, please fill the registration form using the Register Now button on the Home page.
Will this class cover student's school homework?
Our program is an enrichment program with a fixed curriculum that teaches concepts prior to them being taught in school.
How is our program unique?
OUR CURRICULUM: It not only meets common core requirements but also provides graduated challenges to students.
It is flexible to adopt the needs of multiple school districts.
We teach tips and tricks to mentally compute math problems and also teach how to solve problems in step by step manner.
Students are motivated, challenged and rewarded at every step.
Our teaching style inculcates understanding of mathematics in a way that grows student confidence and ensures academic success.
What is the course curriculum?
Our curriculum is designed to ensure that each student gets exactly what he/she needs. It could be revisiting and reviewing topics already learnt in school or learning to solve problems at levels above school grades.
What do the students do each week?
- The program is based on a weekly packet pattern ( In- person or online format to choose from).
For in-person classes, packets are handed out every week in class. They have topics/problems for that week.
Online class are held via Microsoft Teams. Packets are posted in Teams and class is taught via Teams. Students have a private channel on Teams to communicate with the teacher anytime during the week.
Every class begins with a brief discussion of the previous week’s packet.
Then the class moves on to learn/discuss the current week’s packet. Students solve a portion from this packet in class and the rest has to be completed at home.
After completing homework part of the packet students check their work using answer keys posted online.
Students need to bring the completed and checked packet to class the following week.
What happens if my child misses a class?
- An online class for that week can be attended. There are no make-up classes it the last class for that week for a particular level is done.
Please refer to the Master Schedule link for the actual class times.
Please fill the make up request form at Make up request tab for MS Team meeting invite for the make up class time desired.
If Make up class cannot be attended, please encourage your child to finish solving the packet before next week's class, check it using asnwer keys, and ask the teacher if there are any doubts/questions.
Can I register in the middle of the academic year?
Do you prepare children for gifted tests?
- Gifted testing has a wide variety of topics on which students are tested.
Our program gives our students understanding of mathematical concepts in such a way that can apply it toward preparation for gifted tests.
We are proud to say that most of our students continue to be selected for gifted programs at various school districts!
How and Why to use Answer Keys?
How do the students access the Weekly Packet and Answer Key?
- Weekly packets and Answerkeys are also posted on the website on the Packet/Answerkey tab and also on MS Team General channel for each level.
- Packets will be posted in Teams and website on Sunday each week before class.
For the website access: Hover over the Answer key tab on the website to see your child's level in the program.
Choose your child's level.
Every level has an unique access code which will be emailed to you after the student attends his/ her first class in the program.
Start using it to check work.
It is the most effective way of checking if topics taught in class are correctly understood and retained.
It boosts your confidence, helps you be prepared fo next class and increases your test scores.
Put a check mark against a correct answer.
For a wrong answer: Understand the steps of solving the problem as shown on the answer key and rework the question. Do not simply copy solutions from the answer key.
If you still have not understood how to solve a problem, ask your teacher in the following class. She will help you.
If you find errors in the answer keys, tell your teacher, we will fix them asap. Thank you for your sharp eyes!!
What are the class vacation/closure days?
- We follow school district calendars for holidays and vacations.
For location specific vacations and holidays please refer to the calendar tab at https://www.anaghas-math.com/cal
When is each location open?
Please click on this link to see class schedules.
What is the tuition per year?
Tuition details are found on the tuition page at https://www.anaghas-math.com/tuition-details
What level should I choose for my child at Anagha's Math?
If your child is doing above average at school in Math and
* Is going into grade PreK at school in 2021-22, register for Level K at Anagha's Math
* Is going into grade 2 at school in 2021-22, register for Level 2 at Anagha's Math
* Is going into grade 3 at school in 2021-22, register for Level 3 at Anagha's Math
* Is going into grade 4 at school in 2021-22, register for Level 4 at Anagha's Math
* Is going into grade 5 at school in 2021-22, register for Level 5 at Anagha's Math
* Is going into grade 6 at school in 2021-22, taking grade 6/7 math at school, register for Level 6 Intermediate
* Is going into grade 6 or 7 at school in 2021-22, taking grade 7/8 math at school, register for Level 6 Advanced
* Is taking Algebra 1 at school in 2021-22, register for Level 7 at Anagha's Math
* Is taking Geometry at school in 2021-22, register for Level 8 at Anagha's Math
* Is taking Algebra 2 at school in 2021-22, register for Level 9 at Anagha's Math